When you receive a payment from an Insurer, you can either apply it to claims or add it as a credit to be applied to claims at a later date.
Please Note when Paying Claims
Claims are attached to invoices. If you need to mark a claim as paid, it must be done from the Insurer Payment section. If you apply a payment to an invoice, it will not mark the claim as paid.
If a patient/client is responsible for part of an insured invoice (for example, Co-Pay), you apply for the payment through the invoice, and the transaction is marked as TRN-123123 (as an example).
If payment is applied to a claim, it will be marked on the invoice as TRN-565565, but it is proceeded by a shield icon representing an insurer payment.
- Click on the Billing icon (top left header)
- Click on Insurer Payments
- Click on the Received Payment button
- Fill out the form
- Either Issue to Claims or Add to Credit (you will add it to credit if you wish to apply the payment to claims at a later date)
- If you Issue to Claims, you can search by claim number or patient/client, or you select the claims you want to apply it to (you can click the down arrow to expose more details of the claim)
- Enter the appropriate information and pay the claim
Please sign in to leave a comment.