An IP address is short for Internet Protocol address and is an identifying number for a piece of network hardware (i.e. computer). Having an IP address allows a device to communicate with other devices over an IP-based network like the internet.
You can allow access to your account by Location (IP address). This means that only practitioners from permitted IP addresses will be able to access your clinic. IP addresses may change and as a result, your practitioners will be locked out of their account associated to your clinic. You will need to update their IP address to give them access. You can find your IP address by looking up on the internet what is my IP address.
Location restrictions do not apply to the Admin account or to Patients using the Online Booking feature.
How to manage Location Restrictions:
- Login in as Admin
- Click on the Gear icon (top right)
- Under the heading Clinic Settings click on IP Restrictions
- Check Enable IP Restrictions
- Click Allow an IP Address
- Type in the Practitioners Name and IP address (if the practitioner is using the clinic's IP address it is displayed as "Your current IP address is...")