What is MailChimp?
MailChimp is a simple email marketing software (EMS) which allows you to create newsletters of varying types and then provides simple options for sharing them on social networks such as Twitter or Facebook, making it your own personal platform for publishing your newsletter. Build a list of the people whom you want to market your products to, and save the list for use later on, and create custom templates for your products so that you do not have to rewrite mails again and again.
Why should I use Email Marketing Software like MailChimp?
Email marketing is a surprisingly difficult task to do well, and also very hard to do legally. There are a lot of laws in place to prevent SPAM and also systems in place to trap junk email. Getting a high delivery rate and abiding by the law isn't as simple as it sounds. MailChimp includes an unsubscribe link on all of your emails and has a compliance team to help make sure your email campaigns are legal. They also have a very sophisticated delivery system to ensure your emails actually get to your recipients.
Also, how do you know if your email campaigns are worth the effort if you can't track the results? MailChimp has some great analytics available so you can measure the performance and improve your marketing campaigns. They also have some pretty nice templates too so you can have great looking emails even if you aren't a designer.
What does connecting Noterro MailChimp do?
Once you have integrated MailChimp, Noterro will update your MailChimp account with all of your patients names and email addresses. Noterro also constantly update MailChimp every-time you add a new patient or make a change to an existing one. Noterro will make sure your MailChimp account always has a complete and up to date list of your patients so that you can send newsletters or campaigns out at any time with minimal effort.
What will it cost?
At the time of writing this, MailChimp has a free account that allows you up to 2,000 patients, and up to 12,000 emails p/month (only patients with email addresses will count). If you go above these limits then you will need to go on a paid plan with MailChimp.
How to setup the Noterro MailChimp integration:
- Sign up for a Mailchimp account if you don't already have one.
- Login into your Mailchimp account
- Click on Audience in the sidebar
- Click on the dropdown menu Manage Audience on the left side of the screen (If the Manage Audience button is not displayed, you will need to click on Add Contact. You may see your name already listed, but add another contact, and then click the Audience icon in the sidebar)
- Click on Settings
- Click on Settings again (next to Signup Forms), and then click on Audience name and defaults (you may want to change the Audience name)
- Check all the Form Settings boxes (Enable double opt-in, Enable re-CAPTCHA, Enable GDPR fields)
- Customize Campaign defaults and New subscriber notifications to your preference
- Click Save Audience And Campaigns Defaults.
- After you click Save Audience And Campaigns Defaults, note the Audience ID, you will need this later.
- In the bottom left corner, click your Initial, then Account.
- Click Extras then click API Keys
- Under API Keys click Create a Key
- Copy the API Key.
- Login to Noterro as the Admin
- Click on the Gear icon (top right header)
- Click on Integrations
- Click on Connect in the Mailchimp section
- Put in your Audience ID from step 10 and your API key from step 14
- Click Save.
- And that's it! It may take a few minutes for MailChimp to initially load your patients.
A few other things to know.
- If you would like to remove the integration, you can enter a blank MailChimp API key and blank MailChimp List Name, and click Save.
- Follow these steps to unsubscribe people.
MailChimp has a ton of great features, we're happy to provide you with this integration!